Thursday, 7 January 2016

Some Days

Every once in a while I get one of those days.  It generally starts out feeling good but then something happens and it seems to trigger a chain of events.  It feels like a mountain of rocks, one rock comes loose and they all start falling.  Slowly at first, one by one the rocks start to fall but by bedtime the whole mountain has crumbled.  Yesterday was one of those days.
There was just too much of this;
This photo was taken this summer, but it gives you a hint as to what my day was like.
 
Violet had school and then was invited to play at a friends home.  I knew she would be tired.  But she went and came home tickled pink and exhausted. When her sister also got an offer to have a play date in the afternoon, Violet assumed that meant she would also have another play date.  Out of the question!  That's when trouble began!
 
...amidst many other parents and children at school.  Again it started slowly but turned into me being bullied by my four year old.  And just like that there was screaming, time outs, falling off her too high bed and being hurt, sisters talking freshly to one another and ended with an argument over nothing!
 
Today we're all feeling a little raw, and apologetic and hoping to start fresh. 
*parenting blogs that are too shiny and happy tend to bother me.  So a resolution for me is to tell it like it is.  Life is not perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I had a child here with the EXACT same face yesterday...... it must be catching ;-)

    ReplyDelete