Monday, 18 November 2013

It's a WIP

Christmas is approaching fast!  I've been absent lately because of all the Christmas preparations/sewing to be done.  I'm really not sure what I used to do in the month of November before I learned to sew.  But making gifts is so exciting, I feel just like an elf!

One of the larger projects I'm working on is a quilt for my 17 year old niece.  She'll be heading off to college next year so I wanted her to have something fun for her bed.  It's been raining for ever here so sorry about the pics.


It's moving right along.  I think I will add some large white borders to tone things down a bit.  As you can tell pink is her favorite color.  I just about used up my entire pink stash!
 


I'm a queen for November!  It's pretty exciting really.  So far this month I've only received one block, the others pictured below were all early.  So I should be getting a whole bunch of them any day now.. wink, wink.


I love this lighthouse block.  I don't think I would have been so clever.  Instructions were for any kind of wonky house block and so far they all fit the bill.  They are all wonderful I plan to add things to it such as trees, maybe a park and school.  We'll see.


Other things I'm working on:
  • Glamping pillow for sister's Christmas present
  • Husband requested a handmade tie!  Yikes!  The only thing he wants for Christmas.
  • Two ornament swaps
  • Medallion quilt
  • King size vintage sheet quilt
  • Possibly pj pants and crowns for the girls.
Everyday it seems as though I add more to the list, but it sure is fun.  What are you working on?

18 comments:

  1. Wow! I want to be a queen for a month! Those blocks are awesome! & Yes the lighthouse is so clever! Well done to the make & lucky you to receive such great stuff!

    Love your pink quilt too. Looks terrrific! Love those subtle lines through. I am all for less is more & that is really great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! I agree, being queen sure is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pink quilt. I'm sharing a pink quilt today too, though mine is for a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects should be wonderful once completed. That lighthouse is very cute! I have some beach inspired fabrics, I may have to make a lighthouse block now to go with them, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pink quilt. It will be perfect for the dorm room. I used batiks for my niece's dorm quilt. Just finished the top a week ago, and it still needs it's quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that first quilt!! your blocks are fun blocks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new quilter from Oklahoma. Enjoying meeting our Canadian Neighbor Quilters. Thanks. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for new quilters! I was one not too long ago! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Love the house blocks you have received. I have seen so many of them and always say I need to make one. Someday!

    the quilt for your niece is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Lighthouse Block is awesome! Very fun and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you are one busy girl ... good luck ignoring the call of those wonderful wonky house blocks and sticking to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your modern pink quilt. And what a fun swap!!! I'm jealous! I agree with Sophie, it won't be easy to resist the fun of those wonky houses, & yes, the lighthouse is VERY creative to add to the bunch. RunningHen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately I have to wait a bit longer to put the wonky houses together...many more still need to arrive!

      Delete
  12. Pink is my favorite color too, which means I LOVE this quilt. :) The gray really gives it some fun flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought the gray provided an edginess! Let's hope she likes it!

      Delete
  13. This definitely will be something fun. What a lucky niece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! We just become a member of your blog! Please come follow us back!

    Thanks
    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Your quilt Top looks beautiful! And the House blocks are Super! I love houses and these will make really fun quilt! x Teje

    ReplyDelete