Thursday, 17 October 2013

Scream!!

Oh the frustrations.  Two weeks and two broken machines later, and I'll now have to resort to hand sewing.  Hopefully my husband will agree that I need a "better" machine.  Both machines seem to be having the same problem with the bobbin jamming up.  Threading and re-threading with no luck.

So here's my WIP for this week....


This block is for my bee mate Jen.  When I saw that she selected this herringbone block I was a little worried.  The first attemp didn't go so well but this was starting to look good...and then things tangled up.  She chose seaglass colors for her block, I hope these qualify.


This is a medallion quilt that I'm making up as I go along.  I don't really like following patterns.  I find that I love the challenge of figuring things out as I go.  Sometimes that results in a lot of wasted fabric and I think I should just stick to patterns...but that just wouldn't be as much fun for me.


I am the queen bee for the month of November.  I chose house blocks...any kind of improv house is fine with me.  I'm so excited to put it together so I'm making little trees and accessory pieces while I wait for all the blocks to arrive!

 
And finally just some fabric excitement.  I found a fabric store recently, about an hour from here.  I can't wait to get back..so many modern fabrics that I didn't expect to see.

 
I have loved "glamping" for a while..so happy to now own it!
 

Wonder Woman! It's flannel so will hopefully make some wonderful pj pants for Christmas.  That is if my machines are magically fixed between now and then.



Does anyone know of an ornament swap going on this fall?  I joined two last year and they were so much fun! 

Linking up with Pretty Bobbins, and Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. I just got my Janome out of the shop for doing that. It's all plastic!!
    Hate them. Hopefully it will work for a while . i am using a old kenmore that is metal for my piecing now and just quilting on my janome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! I took the machine apart, put it back together and it works (for now).

      Delete
  2. bummer about the sewing machines...I hope you can get them fixed and they stay fixed, the more plastic inside the more they can break. Love your piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fixed one on my own...it's not plastic so I definitely like it better than the other one that is! Are you participating in the Christmas swap this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts good luck with your machine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope one (or both!) of your machines are working soon :) I'm he same, I don't love following patterns either. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete