Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Gratitude

I miss writing lists of things I'm grateful for.  Just today I read an article about gratitude and teaching children to be grateful.  A few of the key points to the article were,

  • Making a list of 2-5 things per day that you are grateful for will have a positive impact on your daily life.
  • Children actually need to be taught to be grateful.  Parents can facilitate this by talking about the things we are grateful for, easy to do around the dinner table. 
  • Even if a young child starts with "I'm grateful for tv" that's a step in the right direction. 
  • Children that talk about the things they are grateful for at a young age may have a more positive outlook on life as adults.
Here are the things I am grateful for today:

 
Lessons in nature.  I was fortunate enough to open the backdoor to see this sweet little lady resting under some tree branches.  She stayed all afternoon.  I had my suspicions that something was up.  And I was right...two weeks later she brought her twins to the yard for a feed of rose bushes.  My 4 year old was especially amazed.  Hopefully I'll get some photos of the babies before they grow up!
 

 
My little ones wake up really early.  I'm not a morning person.  But at least I get to see a few sunsets like this one!

 
Wonderful scenic drives.  I always wish that I could be back home but had we not moved here I never would have experienced all that I have!

 
And always so grateful to have my little family.  They are wonderful, even that little mischievous one in the background!
 
 
I think tonight is the night that we'll start going around the table to name one thing we are grateful for.  Just one!  Not that hard right? 
 
How about you?  Do you make lists of gratitude?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment