Monday, 24 June 2013

'round here

I feel busy lately...but busy in all the fun ways possible.  I'm a stay at home mum so as long as things are going smoothly with my little ones, we're generally having a good time!  Lately we've been sewing, crafting, nature seeking, reading and NOT watching t.v.  This is my aim for summer.  These two girls of mine are just little.  And at times t.v. seems to be the easiest, quickest way to provide some quiet but I also have a feeling that it contributes to my older ones moodiness, at times.  And so this summer I will be working extra hard to provide (an almost) t.v. free environment.  Sometimes a 5am wake up requires a cartoon! 

Here is a little taste of what we've been up to so far:

Kicking off our shoes!
 
We soon abandoned our daisy crowns, when we discovered they had bugs!
 
 
We'll be trading in this view (for the summer).  By next week we'll be lakeside in Maine!  Home for the summer!  But right now we are enjoying imagining the lives of those sailing by.
 
 
"No clothes in summertime"
 
 
We didn't have to look to far for this sweet Mama. She was hunting right by our bedroom window.  Babies waiting above for food.
 
So far, a summer highlight!
 
She caught a mouse and we watched as the babies ate it right up!
 
How is your summer going?  Or is it winter where you are? 


No comments:

Post a Comment