Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Just a quick story

A couple of days ago the sky was filled with clouds.  All day long it rained hard with little peaks of sun.  The rain in this chilly part of the continent just lingers, for days on end.  My girls and I were out driving around (sometimes we do that because mama gets bored).  There was a very ominous black cloud above, surrounded by sun.  The skies opened and it poured again. 

On our way home Hazel said, "mama I don't think I've ever seen a real rainbow.  I'd really love it.  I draw pictures of them all the time, but I don't know what they really look like."  She'll be 4 in July and I'm certain she has seen a rainbow but just not remembered it.  Anyhow, I thought to myself wouldn't this be our lucky day?

We drove home, slogged back into the house and I glanced out the window to see this;

 
You can imagine she was thrilled.  Of course she wanted to drive to the other side of the bay to find the pot of gold.  I explained that I'm sure someone already found it!
 

 


Our lucky day for sure.  And now she can draw a rainbow from memory!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful rainbow!!! So glad I found your blog today.

    ReplyDelete