Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Makings..

With winter hanging on tight, we have been busying ourselves as best we can.  Lots of making, reading, snuggling and walking in the snow.  My girls are slowly coming to an age where they can sit next to me and play or work on their own projects while I work on mine. 

The little one still likes to explore all of my arts and crafts and sewing materials but I've worked it out so the things I really don't want handled are put up high.  Oh she has so much fun playing with fabrics and buttons, shells, sea glass, pipe cleaners and yarn.  My older daughter is starting to join me in some projects...seen here:

 
We recently worked on a coffee filter, tie-dye bunting.  So easy and lots of fun.  We used food coloring and water for the dye.  Folded the coffee filters randomly and then did lots of dipping in the dye.  These were dry in an hour and hung by the end of the day!  She loves looking at them from her bed.
 
The next project was mostly completed by me but Hazel had some say in the buttons and fabric.  She had been wanting a baby carrier for a long time.  I think she now understands how heavy a baby is to carry in this way!
 

Excuse the dirty mirror...it has since been cleaned!
 
 
A proud mama!  I made up the pattern myself and I think it worked out pretty well.
 
 
I had really been wanting to finish up my husbands quilt by Valentine's day.  And I think it's going to happen.  I finished the quilt top yesterday and decided that I am going to go with the pattern idea and tie the quilt.  I've never tied one before, but it looks to be not too time consuming.
 
 
When my husband saw it he said, "wow that's crazy....but in a good way."  I sure hope so!
 
How about you?  What are you crafting, baking, sewing?
 
 
 
 




14 comments:

  1. Such an adorable last pic of your daughter!! She is so sweet and I am thinking she adores that baby carrier quite well;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! She's a little doll! :) Mine loves to carry her babies around, too. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's a sassy little doll!

      Delete
  3. A baby carrier!? Wow. What a great idea! So inventive! And if that is your quilt that has brown in it, well. That's really too lovely a quilt to be a "sick quilt"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves her baby carrier...easy to make too!

      Delete
  4. Cute! I would frame that pic of your daughter looking out the window! We have similar artwork hanging about the house right now- but we've been using liquid watercolors in spray bottles. They LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy! Thank you for sharing this adorable post on Eco Kids Tuesdays, and I'm pinning your doll carrier to the Eco Kids Board: http://pinterest.com/pin/48554502204759250/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki! I'll have to check out the pinterest board!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness the doll carrier is adorable! Good luck getting your husband's quilt done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How precious! I love that baby carrier - and the little girl is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you have been very crafty!! We love making things with coffee filters AND I made Bunny her own mei tai a while back, too!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday! Please come link up with us again today! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/02/fairy-finders-eco-kids-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, Sara. That last pic takes me back. Thanks for sharing your sewing and your little life.

    ReplyDelete