Thursday, 3 January 2013

New Year, New Start

We had a wonderful Holiday season.  Spent almost two weeks at home with my family in Maine.  Once again I was sad to leave and venture back to Canada.  It's so lonely to come back to a place that doesn't feel like home.  I am so close to my family, it's hard to be away.  But we've started a new year.  And I just know it will be a good one.  I never make resolutions.  But this year there are a couple simple changes I would like to make.

1) Love more
2) Be in the moment

In the past year I have heard myself many times sounding harsh.  I don't like it...  So I've decided I simply need to love my family more.  Cuddles, hugs and snuggling...less nagging (oh I don't like that word).  And simply be in the moment with these little ones that I love so much...time is moving quickly.  That's it, these things cannot be too difficult to achieve can they?  I'll keep you posted.

So I'll leave you with some wintery shots I've recently taken.  It's bitterly cold and snowy here in Canada at the moment.


 
 
 
 
The girls opening their mama made dolls.  Blogged about here.
I think these little dolls will be well loved (and worn out).
 
 
Happy New Year to all!  I'm so glad you've joined me here!

4 comments:

  1. My daughter also got a kitchen piece of furntiture very similar to the one pictured above! It was her favorite gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it takes a long time for a place to feel like home. We have moved all over the US and it never felt like home until here, where we've been since 1994 :) I hope you get to go home soon!! Love the photos and happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Karen! The funny thing is we only have a year and a half left here before we move home again. So I almost feel as though I don't want to get too comfortable. We'll get through it. Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  3. New follower here... thanks for entering my giveaway.
    I love these photos ! That little kitchen is so cute my little 4 year old girl would love it.
    Handmade dolls! love that.

    ReplyDelete