Thursday, 13 December 2012

Elfing

Over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go....well not quite yet.  I have just five more days to finish everything for Christmas.  Once we get home to Maine there won't be much time for elfing.  So right now I am using every spare moment I can to create.  If only nap time could last a little longer.  Here's what I/we have been working on...

I finally finished one of the dolls...I love it!  I think she looks a bit like an alien but I'm sure my daughter will be fond of her.

 
Her hair was the hard part...several hours!  And I still have one doll to complete..haven't even started on her hair.
 
 
Besides the dolls, my girls will be getting a Maine made kitchen set.  Beautiful!  So I am making the food to go along with it.  I'm not a fan of plastic food sold in stores and I'm really trying to stay away from junky toys this year.
 
 
 
I've seen these Waldorf inspired puzzle suns, rainbows and ocean waves a lot and decided this was a good gift for Violet since we are working on colors.
 
 
 
And ornaments for teachers from Hazel
 
 
We've also been doing some baking...some of these will be gifts but I find with two little girls that most of our baked things will be eaten well before the big day!!
 
 
 
 
Gross!
 
 
I think we are doing a pretty good job of creating special gifts this year.  It has felt so good, avoiding the stores was a big goal of mine!
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!  Is there anything you are working on?  I would love to read about it!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I love all the food you are making for your play set. And that doll is gorgeous! It doesn't look like an alien to me and your daughter will love it! Great job on all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you to say! The doll certainly took long enough!

      Delete
  2. Your doll is perfect, what fantastic hair she has. I love the cute little side ways look!
    I agree with you about the play food, the plastic store stuff is not nice at all! We recently made a play kitchen and I have knit a few things for it, I have also given the kids a bag of uncooked pasta and they play with it endlessly.
    Cookie decorating looks like a lot of fun at your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The doll has tremendously thick hair! Rethinking the second dolls hair.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you making homemade Christmas for your kids and others. You saw what I am making over on my blog. Tomorrow is an all day craft making event at church and I am hoping to get DONE what needs to be done before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! It has been tough trying to get all this making done...but I am just about there. So much more satisfying and so much cheaper!

      Delete
  5. Your doll is gorgeous!! Love all the handmade goodness coming from your home :o)

    ReplyDelete