Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Work in Progress

I haven't been doing any quilting lately because I've really been enjoying the instant gratification of a quick project.  Sometimes I just need something quick to make me feel accomplished.  Does that sound weird?  Sometimes life is stressful and it's nice to have finished something!

So this week I finished a quick little wreath that is now happily hanging on my wall.  Such an easy project.  Tear strips of fabric and wrap them around a wreath form.  The tearing of the fabric feels oh so good!


 
And an up close shot of the adorable holly
 
 
I wish this little girl could play happily while I work, I guess she's too young yet.
 
 
One of my goals for Christmas is to have two dolls made, with clothing.  One for each of the girls.  One doll is mostly finished and one is in the cutting process.  Plus I need to finish the clothes.  I have never made a doll but I was given this pattern.  My mom made this exact doll many times when my siblings and I were little.  It's fun to be re-creating it!

 
So cute!  Mine won't have the cheeks, those scare me a little!
 
 
And the dresses are being made from vintage sheets.  I adore the large flowery patterns and surprisingly orange is becoming a favorite color!


Linking up with Frontier Dreams and Freshly Pieced.  Take a peek at all the wonderful projects!

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable pattern!! And I love the wreath! I too completely understand the need to finish up a quick project-must be the endorphins being released when we feel we can check something off the never ending list *smile* Blessings
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the pattern was pretty cute too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. What a special present. I love them. A finished project always spurs on the next I think......you'll get it done easy! Can't wait to see them finished :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just keep adding more pressure on myself, I'm enjoying it now but come December 24th I may not be!

      Delete
  3. The wreathe is cute! But my favorite is the baby that is frustrated, saw that same face on my niece today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that baby face is sort of funny. If she only knew that I was laughing at her!

      Delete