Wednesday, 24 October 2012

WIP

I can't believe it's Wednesday again!  That means it's time for WIP over at Freshly Pieced.  I just love looking through all the links.  Everyone is so inspiring!  Maybe too much looking is why I never get enough sewing done!  This week I have just been pulling fabrics for a new quilt.  From this book:

 
I haven't used this book before although I've had it forever.  I guess I am a craft book collector as well as fabric stasher.  The quilt I'm going to do looks pretty simple.  It's called "Any Way You Slice It." 
 
 
I have never used browns in a quilt or even too many solids.  But I think I am feeling a little fall-ish so browns, oranges, reds and yellows it is.  Seems a bit more masculine than I'm used to but I think my husband would appreciate it! 
 

 
I'm having a hard time choosing between projects right now though. I have this sweet, antique child's dresser that my mother had when she was young. It's seen better days and has already been repainted multiple times. But I'm thinking of getting started on this too. (I think the previous color was neon pink)!
 
And I've also entered myself in some Christmas swaps, which are due by the end of November.  So I must get moving! 



 
Thanks for visiting and commenting!

 

2 comments:

  1. Your fabrics will look great in that quilt! I know what you mean about deciding which projects to choose- so many projects so little time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a pretty fabric stack :)

    ReplyDelete