Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Crafting On

I am joining Frontier Dreams and Freshly PiecedThe act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

I have joined a few ornament swaps for this coming Christmas.  It's so exciting..I love the idea of having a little Christmasy package sent around the world.  I thought I would show a little of what I am working on (I'm pretty sure the recipient doesn't know who I am so hopefully she won't see this post).


I haven't done much embroidery before but I think this little sweetie is coming out pretty good!  What do you think of the red?  Hopefully it's not too much..  I have a bit of sewing to do on this and he'll be done. 


You'll have to forgive me for the poor photos today.  We are still recovering from "the hurricane" so our lighting is poor.  I found the little deer pattern in this book, Emroidery for Little Miss Crafty by Helen Dardik.  I think all of the patterns appear to be easy but the results are oh so cute!  Almost too cute for me to give away.

The next little ornament involves the following,

I can't give anything away on this one though.

I have so many other projects in the works right now just not enough time to photograph and post pictures before the baby wakes up from nap!  And there's no better time to craft than a stormy day!

Our stormy view:

Have a great rest of the week!

13 comments:

  1. sara, the deer is absolutely adorable and your embroidery looks professional. i have not really embroidered yet but seeing your cute deer makes me want to look into it and try it out! thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really fun..give it a shot! I'm going to check out your blog when I get a chance!

      Delete
  2. This little deer is so cute. I have't tried embroidery yet, it looks so difficult

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly not difficult at all! The only thing is trying to keep my hand steady after drinking too much coffee!

      Delete
  3. That is the cutest deer ever. It's been a long time since I have embroidered but maybe I need to take it up again. You can never have too many projects on the go right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm feeling pretty confident about this little guy/girl now.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Casey, I just checked out your blog and it wouldn't let me write a comment. But I wanted to let you know how much I live your owl basket. Anything owl holds a special place in my heart!

      Delete
  5. looks super cute.gotta love a deer.
    hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the deer and your work is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect?! Well, I'll take the compliment! hehe

      Delete
  7. Oh, the little deer is adorable! The red is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apologies for not commenting earlier - I lost the little note among the Christmas preparations. The deer decoration arrived safely and it's darling - thank you so much :o)

    ReplyDelete