Wednesday, 12 September 2012

WIP Wednesday!

Feels like I have done a lot more making this week than I really have.  Maybe it's because so much thinking and planning goes into crafting.  But as fall continues it's approach I am already starting to get that crafting/baking/cooking itch!  So here is a look at what I've been making.

 
An embroidered Holly Hobbie...she's destined to be the center piece to a quilt for my Hazel.  When my husband found out that I was making another quilt for one of the girls he acted a little offended!  He wants specifically a green and black quilt...yuck!  But I guess I can handle that.  Anyhow, back to H. Hobbie.
 
 
 
I am going to infuse all the girly and sweet fabric that I've been saving for a while into this project.  I just love these orangey and pink flowers.  This is thrifted, vintage fabric.  I found 3 yards of it for .99cents.  I think this is going to be a quick project.  I got a good portion of the fabric cut yesterday.  I don't really like following patterns but this one will be strips of fabric sewn together, cut and then joined back together...you know a simple quilt with 5 inch squares.
 
 
 
Here she is amongst some of her favorite prints.  Her little shoes are a dark purple so I think I need to dig some dark purple fabric out of the old stash.
 
 
 
The next project is not sewing related but we've been having a blast learning how to needle felt.  So far we've made this little gnomet.
 
 
She's busy reading her most fave magazine, Mollie Makes!  Here's a better view of her little face.
 
 
Hazel thinks it is amazing that we can make our own little dolls.  But she's only three years old so she's very rough when it comes to handling.  We started a little fairy that I am going to give to her so that she can play with it (mess it up) as much as she wants.






Looks like she's being stabbed in the neck...really her blouse is being formed
 
 
 
 
I'm not sure of the best way to get these little fibery/bendy dolls to stand.  For the gnomet I used pipe cleaners and a small rock at the base.  This fairy doesn't seem as though she'll have the ability to stand.  Any tips? 
 
There are just so many projects I want to get to.  But housework calls!  Oh but here is a picture of this awesome table runner I found in All Sewn Up by Chloe Owens.  I just love this book, mainly because it's pretty to look at!  Check it out!
 

 
It's called the Woodland Critter Table Runner.
 
Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, it looks like you have lots on the go!
    I have found that needle felted characters can stand better with a little bag of lentils or something in the bottom or you can make an underskirt out of cardboard, which works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Holly Hobby!! and the felt creatures are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big HH fan, so I just love your embroidered block. Your projects look so cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Holly Hobby! How I still love her. I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I just can't get over the view out your window :o). Thanks for stopping by my blog -- I'm experiencing all sorts of nostalgia over your Holly Hobby embroidery and strip quilt. Reminds me of my mom sewing for my siblings and I! I love your colors and dainty prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do like your Holly Hobby block! Your "Gnomet" turned out nice too!

    ReplyDelete