Thursday, 27 September 2012

Fall is in the air

...Well actually we are into the full swing of fall.  My favorite season and for some reason also the loneliest season for me.  I love this crisp, cool time of year and at home we are usually busy cleaning up leaves along side our neighbors.  But this year we are living in a house situated above a neighborhood but all alone.  So far our only friends are the deer.

 
I guess being in a new place and struggling to meet new people ends up drawing our own little family a little closer together.  We hang on to eachother just a little bit tighter.  I appreciate my husbands companionship all the more here. 
A little alarming when I look out the window only to see this girls staring back at me
 
 
In dealing with this fall sadness, I've just decided to embrace it.  Realize that it will end (maybe not until the coming of spring).  Or maybe our trip home in two weeks will make things better.  In the meantime we'll be taking our fish oil tablets..ha!  And going on lots of hikes as well as crafting, baking, probably too much shopping and trying to be cozy.  I guess that doesn't sound too bad!
 
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Well, your view is stunning!
    But I can imagine you have to try extra hard to make yourselves comfortable
    now that autumn has arrived....
    Good luck with making new friends!
    And of course there are always blogfriends :-)
    Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete